September Wrap-up and October TBR

8:00:00 AM Ariel Bloomfield 2 Comments

I know that I'm a little late on this but I have been busy with school, so it's hard to keep up with my blogging. I know that some of you out there are the same way. So Let's get started shall we?


I was surprised that I read four books in one month. Then again it was more from my classes than anything. Here's what I read:
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas By Gretrude Stein
Children of Men by PD James
Into the Forest by Jean Hegland

Started but didn't finish:
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
A Court of Thorn and Roses




This month I plan on reading some spooking things if I can ever get through some things that I'm dealing with. I got cupcakes for my birthday so it was great to pair them up with books and my friend made the bookmark.
So here is my current list:
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
    Is the continuation of the adventures of Claire Beachamp-Randell- Fraser story as they travel into France to try stop the Jacobite Rebellion.
   Most of you that have been reading my blog lately knows how much I'm obsessed with this series. Even Hot Topic came out with an Outlander Fashion line. Chances are I will not be able to get any of the items, because my life sucks. But I hope to read a chunk of the book this month.



The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
     I have been trying to read this book for a while now and it is perfect for the Halloween Season. If you have not read it is about a girl named Paige who lives in alternate universe in the future where Clairvoyance is rampant through out the world. I would go into detail, but you have to read it yourself.

Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
     This is an early utopian novel that was written in the early 1900s. It is about three men who go search for an island that is occupied by women.

Blythewood By Carol Goodman
      This book I have not heard of but, reading the back of it, it said had to with witches. So why not?

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
        This also another book I had to read for one of my other classes. I read it and finished it. Lots of Alcohol, some stuff in between, and bull fights. A quick summary for those who haven't read it.

There are a few other books on my TBR for the month october, but I will put it my wrap-up for the month.

So if you haven't seen my last post today please go check it out. I will be making changes to the layout of this blog.
And Please Sign up for the Newsletter!
 I would be updates on posts and other things going on around Nerdy Birdie. I have newsletters set up to send out and I would love to give my readers information.

Bloglovin' pinterest facebook Image Map

2 comments:

  1. I need to go on a book haul soon! I officially ran out of things to read! Love all of your choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been able to but many books lately because of issues in my life. I wish to do a large book hall sometime...but that won't be for a long time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...