What I learned from Watching Jessica Jones

3:35:00 PM Ariel Bloomfield 0 Comments

     On Friday as soon as I got up I started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix (on my father's account). I finished it at about ten at night. I basically have no life, so it was the only thing I could do besides continue watching Arrow. There is so much that is going on that so, I just couldn't stop watching it. If you have haven't seen the show yet I am warning you that there are spoilers ahead. *SPOLIER WARNING* continue reading if you want to know.


Jessica is an Alcoholic


     This is localized from the very beginning, even before the show even started. Once you start watching it, you see that she always has a bottle near her. The only other thing that she is seen drinking is coffee.

She is pretty sneaky at being a PI


     With her abilities giving her a plus, her sitting on the fire escape taking pictures was fascinating to see how far she would go to get the truth. Even electricuting Kilgrave just so she can get the truth out.

David Tennant as Kilgrave is really scary


    We all have seen him take on the aspect of a villain before in when he took on the role of Barty Crouch Jr. In Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire. I also took on  a bit of the God Complex when he was the Doctor. When it comes to Kilgrave he's like Barty, and the Master with mind control thrown. I was starting to get scared as I was watching the show. Some being able to control your mind with the right words and speech patterns. Who wouldn't be scared.

The Avengers is referenced a lot


 
      Like an other show in the marvel universe. The attack on New York has been the main influnce. There are also references to the hulk and how he came to be by an experiment. This often part of how both Luke and Jessica even Kilgrave came to have their abilities. So it's no wonder the hulk is a common reference.



Kilgrave may return


    Upon doing research on the character, I found due to his heightened abilities he is able to heal himself from the dead. When I saw the ending I thought that her snapping his neck wasn't the end. *I said there would be spoilers*  Considering his veins turned purple when he was yelling everybody when he gained more power.

So what did you think of the show? What did you get out of it? 


Bloglovin' pinterest facebook Image Map

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...