Guest Post: 100 Day's of Geek Chic and Healthy: The Bedroom from Emmpossible

10:00:00 AM Ariel Bloomfield 0 Comments


After seeing Ariel’s (Nerdy Birdie) 100 Days of Geek Chic and Healthy theme, I couldn’t help but be interested. Fitness and eating right have both been well established in my life (with a cheat day here and there, of course), but my inner-geek isn’t as strong as it once was. This challenge will hopefully step up my geek chic game with inspiration, and I hope to be able to inspire you with different workout and recipe ideas.
Currently being without a bedroom and getting ready to move into one, this week’s The Bedroom theme has gotten me to think exactly how to layout my living space. In the house I am preparing to move into, my room has previously been lived in by a 10 year old girl. What does that mean?
All pink walls.

*Insert horror music here*
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind pink. However, having pink stare me in the face from every direction is too much. Even when I was 8 years old.
Before moving into the overdose of pink room, there will be a paint day. While I do enjoy reds, oranges as well as purples, having a room completely either of these colors sounds like an overload as well. Instead, there will be an accent wall or two with a red or purple and the other walls painted white.


Layout wise, I’ve got about 10×10 space to play with. I am moving from a larger location, so I’ve been going through my things and deciding what I need and what I can leave in storage.

And then, there’s what this whole challenge is about.

I am geek and I am proud.
People should walk into someone’s room and see what that someone is about.

I AM GEEK AND I AM PROUD.
Decorating wise, I have several Funko POP! figures to decorate with. These will either go on my bookshelves or on my desk. There is also the Harry Potter souvenirs I brought back from Universal that will find their home.

Including a few different wall-art posters, I have several running medals from races and marathons I would like to hang on my wall. Like the photo below, I would like to have a rod to place them on while having a few different running mementos above it. Sonic will more than likely find his way up there somehow.

Cosplay wise, I already have a drawer dedicated to my costume items. This shoe wall would also be great to place those out of place shoes as well as my numerous active shoes and dress shoes I never seem to wear.
What do you have in your room that signifies your interests? Do you keep your cosplay items out or do you have a storage system you place everything in?

__________________________________________________________________________________

     I think that this post is awesome. Check Emily's Blog out: http://emmpossible.com/  I so excited about these posts! I will be posting another guest post tomorrow and the Roundup will be on Saturday.

Bloglovin' pinterest facebook Image Map

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...