My Birthday Trip to Yosemite

11:55:00 PM Ariel Bloomfield 1 Comments

     For my birthday my Aunt had surprised me with a day trip to Yosemite. We had the help of a friend to get there. Living in Central California has a bit of an advantage because it doesn't take very long to get to the mountains or the beach.


       The time that we left it seemed fairly short on how much time we spent there but it was still an amazing to have a girl's day. I have been to Yosemite since I was little.

     My family has a lot of history with Yosemite, so it was nice to hear the stories of places where thing have happened and people they knew. My grandparents knew Ansel Adams when they worked there. We actually have a picture of my grandmother taken by him.


   Before we arrived in Yosemite, I found out amazing how far people go to come to the park.In the parking lot of a grocery store. I heard people speaking German. I would have struck a conversation with them but I don't know enough German to know what they were saying if they something I don't know.

      Once we reached the inside the park, we tried to walk around as much as we could, in a short amount of time. One of the places that we went to was a village recreated on top of the original village of the natives that had lived there for thousands of years. My aunt had walked near the sweat house and had an encounter on the outside of the barrier, I saw her jump and I received goosebumps. I took a picture after I asked her about it, plus it was a general picture.



     But if you see in the picture, there is a mist like human shape leaning against pole within the entrance of the sweat house. I actually caught my first picture of a spirit without really meaning to.


  
      As we began leaving the park we stopped by a meadow that had a wooden boardwalk on it and milkweed plants surrounding the  meadow. I couldn't help but stop in the middle of the boardwalk, and sit and listen to sound of nature for a few minutes. My friend did as well.
     It was an amazing trip. I'm glad I went to such a beautiful place for my birthday.



    I'm not big on getting major souvenirs, like t-shirts, cups, or water bottles with the place's name on it. I get the small simple things like pressed pennies and postcards.
    I did get a pressed penny, a postcard made of wood (seriously wood.)  And a little book of Miwok Indians which I found fascinating one side was about the Miwoks the other side was words of their language. Best fifty cents well spent.
 



Bloglovin' pinterest facebook Image Map

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos. I'd love to make it out there one day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...